Isolation Transformers are 1:1 transformer where the input and output are the same voltage and current. As the name suggest, it is for isolation only. Isolation transformers are used as a safety alternating current (AC) transformer to isolate the equipment that interacts with human from the line voltages. Isolation transformer are galvanically and electrically isolated between the equipment and the line voltages to prevents electric shock and possibly electrocution.
Isolation transformers will also block direct current (DC) but allows the AC current to pass through. Uses of Isolation transformers are in power supplies for machines, equipmemts, computers, medical devices, or laboratory instruments.
CWS designs and manufactures custom isolation transformer both for the low frequency 50/60Hz, 400 Hz and for high frequencies in the Khz to Mhz range.
Examples of a typical CWS custom designed and built isolation transformers are:
- Isolation Transformer, 0.5 KVA, 1 PH, 60 Hz
- Primary (X1, X2) : 120 VAC, 4.2 Amps
- Secondary (Y1, Y2): 120 VAC, 4.2 Amps
- Copper winding construction
- Open core and coil: 4 3/8″H x 5 1/4″W x 6″D approximately
- Primary and secondary connections are solder lugs
- Isolation between primary & secondary: 5 KV
- Isolation between core and secondary: 5 KV
In addition, CWS also design and manufactures high frequency line isolation transformers for the telecom markets. An examples of such transformer is shown below.
- Compatible with INFINEON Chip Sets
- Direct cross to MIDCOM 50921
- Good total harmonic distortion characteristics : - 75 dB max.
- Optimized design for size and performance
- Longitudinal Balance of 50 dB minimum at 20 Khz to 1.1 Mhz
- Dielectric rating of 1500 VAC and 400 VDC
- Custom designed available
- Operating temperature
range: -40 deg C to +85 deg C
- Inductance values
: 3 mH +- 8%
- DC Current
: 100 mA max.
0.55" x 0.55" . Height: 0.50"
- Through Hole Mounting. Surface Mount Version is available
1) No tooling or set up fees required for standard parts
2) Minimum order : $25.00. Samples available for large OEMs.
3) Typical Delivery: 2 to 4 weeks
1) The prices shown below are for low volume quantity. Please call 800-377-3244
or email email@example.com for larger volume OEM pricing.
2) Our large OEM pricing is extremely competitive. We will meet or beat any competitors prices with better deliveries
3) Custom designs are available to meet any of your requirements. Please contact us
Coil Winding Specialist, Inc., its affiliates, agents, and employees acting on behalf of Coil Winding Specialist, Inc. (collectively, “CWS”) disclaim any and all liability for any errors, inaccuracies or incompleteness contained herein or in any other disclosure relating to any product.
CWS reserves the right at any time and from time to time to make changes to design, technical specification, or construction of any product listed on this website without notice. CWS also reserves the right to discontinue or limit sale of any product or service available throughout this website on temporary or permanently basis without notice.
CWS highly recommends customers not to use its products offered on this website for inappropriate use and applications. Products should be tested for its suitability by prospective customers in all possible applications and conditions. Customers using or selling CWS products for use in other than recommended applications do so entirely at their own risk and agree to fully indemnify CWS from any damages arising or resulting from such use or sale.
Any Comments, Suggestions or Questions? Contact us! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
353 West Grove Ave. Orange, California 92865
Call us Toll Free: 1-800-679-3184 or 1 (800) 377-3244
Tel: (714) 279-9010,
Fax: (714) 279-9482
Copyright © 2008, Coil Winding Specialist, Inc
Updated July, 2013
CAGE Code: 5DME2(Registered with www.ccr.gov)